Friday, October 15, 2010

Canning Season

Canning season is both hard and wonderful! It is a lot of work to do get it all done but so worth it. I love having the nice fruit to eat through out the year. As a kid I always thought my mom was so weird when she would get so excited every time a bottle popped. Now I completely understand the excitement and I do the same thing she did. I'm sure my kids are going to think I'm weird too.
I got a lot of canning done this year. I did peaches, homemade peach syrup and pears. I also have blackberries and pears in the freezer to make into jam. I was just a little wiped by the time I got everything else done that I need a break. But my husband is getting anxious for me to make the jam so I'm sure I'll get to it soon.

1 comment:

  1. Oh they look so YUMMY and perfect!! Love it! I am not a canner/cooker/nothing!! LOL Need to learn one day!!

    ReplyDelete